Creating a budget is an important pillar of your overall financial success and security. Whether you are running a business or a household, it allows you to oversee and better understand whether you have enough money to pay your expenses. In today’s economic model, the individual is responsible for securing their own retirement, therefore it is on you to save & invest to achieve a proper financial condition for your retirement. Budgeting allows us to make informed decisions, which significantly improves our probability of success.
In the past, budgeting was done with pen and paper. Today, with the power of software, we can complete quick and simple budgets or in-depth and complex ones with relative ease. Here is my current list of the best budgeting software.
- Best Overall (Complex): You Need a Budget
- Best Overall (Easier): Mint
- For Couples that keep accounts separate: Honeydue
- Another Option: EveryDollar
Benefits of Creating a Budget
1. It helps you to track your progress towards financial security and independence.
2. It helps you to prioritize your goals and allocate money towards them.
3. It encourages you to be mindful of your spending habits and helps you to identify areas where you can make adjustments.
4. It helps you to save money and build up an emergency fund for unexpected expenses.
5. It can help you to pay off debt and make wise investments.
6. Financial budgeting allows you to plan ahead and make sure you are prepared for any financial surprises.